Southwest Missouri Pilots Association

Click here to edit subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Aviation Revival

Jason Patrum
Site Owner

Is Aviation Dead?

It's a hard question, and a harder answer. Certainly, for the pilots active and non, aviation lives, breaths, and courses through our bloodstream. I often find, to my amazement and disbelief, how people simply dismiss the magic and freedom that is aviation. I have to ask myself is it that they dismiss it as ordinary, or simply too far out of reach? Maybe it's all the red tape, or simply boils down to money and time. Taking those first steps and to keep going forward after complications arose were the biggest hurdles that kept me from starting my aviation journey for twenty plus years. So, what can we do as a Pilot Association to encourage growth? Neosho has some rare qualities most airports do not share. It is the single most inviting airport I've ever been to. There is no twelve-foot tall barbed-wire fence around the perimeter, security gates, or unwelcoming employees. Anyone can drive up and walk around, talk, and take pictures. So, we have an advantage, coupled with cheaper than most fuel prices. I think we are in a prime location to hold an event and drum up some new and old faces, and relight the flames we all have known for flying. Please bring your ideas to the table. Let's ensure our facilities are around for our kids and grandkids to enjoy, just as we have.

April 22, 2014 at 9:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.